Grandma's favorite posts from 2017 - Truths about Grandparents . . .

Grandma's favorite posts from 2017 - Truths about Grandparents . . .


Today I'm happy to share another of my favorite posts from 2017 . . . 
Love those grandbbabies- oh such Grandma joy!

This morning I was thinking about being a grandma and what an amazing blessing it is! I looked up a few quotes about grandmas/grandparents and thought I'd share some with you . . .

  • "Grandparents make the world a little softer, warmer and kinder." - I sure want to do this for my grandsons!
  • "Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. - Alex Haley" - I do want to be a grandma who sprinkles stardust on my sweet grandsons!
  • "Grandparents are similar to a piece of string – handy to have around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren." - Josiah says this is absolutely true about me!
  • "What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudy Giuliani" - Definitely "unconditional" and definitely cookies!
  • "Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~Marcy DeMaree" - I always greet my grandsons with enthusiasm and tell them I love them! They greet me the same way!!!
  • "Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies. ~Author Unknown" - I agree with this - I never run out of hugs and am careful to keep cookies in the house, too!
I do love being grandma! It is about love, hugs, stardust and cookies! If you have grandchildren, you know what I mean; if you do not, find a child or two who needs someone in their lives who is like a grandma to them! I do believe children grow happier with loving grandparents in their lives!

Comments